Did you know?
- no takeaway cups or lids are recycled in Christchurch
- no 'bio' cups are recycled or composted in Christchurch (in fact these can jam the machines that take care of compost and recycling)
- coffee cups make up the largest volume of waste in public rubbish bins
So, join us in reducing waste. Purchase the New Zealand-made, barista-grade, Love Lyttelton cup at:
- Harbour Co-op
- Lyttelton Farmers Market Waste Matters stall
- Lyttelton Harbour Information Centre
Reusable Diamond Harbour coffee cups are now available. These Ideal Cups are designed and made in Wellington and the Diamond Harbour edition was designed by Diamond Harbour local Natasha Hawkins.
Made from durable BPA-free plastic. The profit goes to helping Waste Matters' work in Whakaraupō/Lyttelton Harbour.
$15.00. To buy one: visit the Rubbish Whisperer's website (which will have these cups up soon) or send me a message. Also on sale at The Rough Diamond Cafe and Preserved Cook School and Eatery in Diamond Harbour and the Church Bay Store.
Find out more about our waste minimisation projects, here.