- Created: Monday, 29 January 2018 09:16
- Hits: 1049
Project Lyttelton is pleased to host an afternoon session on zero waste living as part of the Lyttelton Summer Fest 2018.
Join Hannah Blumhardt and Liam Prince, the No-Waste Nomads behind The Rubbish Trip for an introduction to the practicalities and philosophy of waste reduction. Drawing on their own research and over three years of experience living zero waste, Hannah and Liam will guide you through the whys and the hows of life without a rubbish bin, including:
- What is the zero waste movement? Why is waste reduction important?
- How zero waste principles can revolutionise your perspectives on living and lifestyle, beyond your rubbish bin.
- Innovative examples of waste minimisation policy, practice and thinking from around the globe, and how these might inform community-level waste reduction.
- Tips for how you can reduce the rubbish in your life (including fun DIY household products, cosmetics, and other life hacks).
Entry by koha or time credits. Zero waste nibbles will be provided.
This talk is part of The Rubbish Trip's travelling project, taking the zero waste message around Aotearoa New Zealand. Follow them on Facebook for updates and upcoming events around the country!