- Created: Friday, 25 February 2011 12:10
- Hits: 5274
The following information is specific to Lyttelton and is updated based on information from Julie Lee who is assisting the Civil Defence team in Lyttelton as part of the Lyttelton Timebank.
- Water Mains - Water mains have not yet been reconnected and main supply in Oxford and Canterbury Streets are being checked - there is no information as yet regarding reconnection.
- Access to Water Supplies - Water is available in frot of civil defence centre at the Rec Centre on Winchester Street
- Sewage System - Sewage systems are fully functional in Lyttelton, tolites can be used , flush with water. Please use common sense and minimize water usage.
Access to City
- Evans Pass is Open - Lyttelton -Cass Bay- Rapaki- Governors Bay - Dyers Pass - Cashmere - City
- Dyers Pass - Evans Pass to Sumner is only open to light vehicles.
- Lyttelton Tunnel - Lyttelton Tunnel is not damaged and is only open to emergency and approved vehicles. Please contact civil defence in Lyttelton for further updates.
Services in Lyttelton
- Medical Centre is open
- Bells Pharmacy is open
- London Street Diary is open, (access from canterbury street) - some basic supplies, no bread
- Farmers Market is not runnung on Saturday 25th february
- Food - 6pm at Rec Centre dinner will be provided
- Necessary Supplies - Civil defence is currently sending to Christchurch to provision for essential goods - contact Civil defence Lyttelton for more information
- Accommodation - long term accommodation for displaced families is desperately required, please contact Julie Lee if you have any local accommodation available 027 739 1832