- Created: Monday, 28 February 2011 11:48
- Hits: 2603
- Public Meeting tonight for LWS and LMS families re break in Tauranga.
- This is progressive. It is hoped that most of the harbour basin will have water over the coming days.
- This situation will change, teams are working really hard. Please BOIL BOIL BOIL, until further notice.
Food & Supplies
- There is no breakfast and lunch today.
- A meal will be cooked by the community being served at 6 this evening.
- Please note, this is the LAST meal provided at the Rec Centre.
- Meals that were being delivered to our frail, vunerable and elderly will still be delivered, and do let us know if you are aware of anyone in the community that requires this service.
- Gas and Bread. Mondo Vino on Norwich Quay has a supply.
- Travel to Supermarkets. Do you, or do you know of anyone that requires tranport to get groceries? We are working on bus transportation. Please get in touch (not via email, see above) if you require this service.
- Tunnel. Same process as last few days. Residents access through the tunnel only. You need a permit pass. Come to the Rec Centre. ESSENTIAL TRAVEL ONLY.
- Dyers Pass and Gebbies Pass are open.
- Ferry to Diamond Harbour. The Ferry is free. Lytt to DH runs 8.50am - 7.50pm. DH to Lytt 9am to 8pm.
- Evacuation over Ross/Shackleton/Selwyn from Sat. No change i.e. still looking at 1 to 10 days from Saturday. I wish I could give you the news you would like on this one.
- Brenchly Boulder. No change as yet. Still being assessed.
- EQC are in town still. Red stickers does not mean your house is to be pulled down. It's just an initial assessment. Come to Rec Centre for accomdation.
- Medical Centre is open from 9.00 - 5.00pm Free appointments and will take people that aren't their normal registered clients.
- Chemist is open today 10.00am - 1.00pm
- Minsitry of Social Development (emergency payments / welfare etc). They were here yesterday, currently in DH so catch the free ferry over. They will be back here, no times and dates as yet.
PLEASE DON'T EMAIL Julie Lee. POP TO REC CENTRE ON WINCHESTER ST OR PHONE 027 739 1832 OR 941 5656.
Check www.lyttelton.net.nz for regular updates and Volcano Radio.