- Hits: 4004
Rod Lawrence - Project Lyttelton Development Manager
“ I see a huge potential for developing a sustainable Lyttelton, working together we can make a real positive difference to our environment, both living and visiting Lyttelton and the harbour communities. Since arriving here in 2005, I have been impressed with the many improvements, many attributed to the team at Project Lyttelton. I am delighted to be able to contribute and help out with the opportunities that lie ahead and working together with this great team and the future teams for our projects. I am a great believer in using our synergy, sharing our vision for the best outcomes”
Rod has been in the new position since March 2008. Since meeting Wendy Everingham three years ago at the Winter Festival Of Lights Opening event, Rod has been in discussions with Project Lyttelton. Rod feels he thrives in the positive Project Lyttelton community team culture, that focuses on contributing in the many aspects of the community well being.
Rod is now developing opportunities in the Lyttelton and the Harbour communities with Project Lyttelton as Development Manager -currently;
- Initiated a new Lyttelton Harbour Visitor Group, developing new products, meeting monthly.
- Forming a London Street Cluster group in conjunction with LH Business Association
- Coordinating a new sea charter operator’s promotional group
- Canterbury Visitor Guide promotions and sales
- Co- Event Managing with Wendy Everingham the Festival Of Lights and Summer Street Party
- Developing a Lyttelton Ellerslie International Flower Show event team, in partnership with Canterbury Soil and Health to promote sustainability, green tourism and our community garden.
- Creating an informative Farmers Market brochure with stallholders.
- Offering a new service to local businesses ( Restaurants, Venues, Charters, Transport/Tours )wanting to collectively promote their business opportunities further , including regular direct sales calls into key Christchurch businesses.
- Representative role for Christchurch and Canterbury Tourism
- Conference Coordinator offering a full service for conferences and meetings in Lyttelton and the Harbour region
- Banks Peninsula Signage Project Manager, coordinating for Christchurch and Canterbury Tourism team
- Media and Corporate hosting
- Supporting our stand with Margaret Jefferies in the ECan Step Up Canterbury, World Environment Day 05 June
- Initiating, coordinating the April 2009 Walking On, Lyttelton Harbour annual walking Festival