- Created: Wednesday, 28 October 2009 14:37
- Hits: 2474
Time bank is holding a white elephant fundraising stall at the Lyttelton Summer Festival.
Here’s how you can help!
1. Donate items. Summer holidays is a great time to sort through cupboards, lofts or garages and collect up any unwanted items, such as bric a brac, unwanted Christmas presents, clothes, kids gear, toys, books, plants, excess fruit and veg, tools, preserves, home baking etc etc.... (more on collection of goods below).
2. Bring your iron, ironing board and favourite CD to the Portal for an ironing session to get donated clothes and manchester looking fabulous (date to be confirmed - please contact me if you are interested).
3. Help price and sort donations (again date to be confirmed, be in touch if you are interested) .
4. Help sell the items at the street party on Sunday the 28th February. We need a team of people each doing 1 hour shifts so that we can all enjoy the party too!
5. Lend us a trestle table or gazebo ....
6. Help paint some signs for the stall (all of these will of course earn time credits) and finally visit the stall on the 28th and snap up a bargain!
We’re aiming to raise $560 to pay for a new leaflet to help promote what we do and attract new members to the Time bank .
Donating Goods :
Items can be dropped at the Portal building (by the community garden, down the alley and up the steps by the pool). Please make sure the bag or box is clearly marked 'TimeBank' . Lottie will also be doing 2 collections in the car on Tuesday 26th January between 12 and 3pm and Thursday 4th February between 4 and 7pm. Just let her know if you would like her to stop at yours.
If you intend to donate anything please email Time bank or give Lottie a call on 328 8303. Happy rummaging everyone!
So why do we need to raise money?
It is easy to over look the fact that even though the Timebank is all about swapping time, there are still things that it needs that cost cash dollars rather than Time dollars. As the Time bank grows and develops so does its need for office space and supplies, computer and other equipment, leaflets and training materials, and the paid support and leadership to make it all happen. Initially we received a grant to help us set up the time bank. As this comes to an end we need to start raising our own funds, with a little help from us all and a healthy slice of creativity and imagination this new years resolution should be fun and exciting for everyone!
How will we raise it?
We are working on a fundraising programme for the year and aim to hold several different activities and events throughout 2010. If anyone has ideas for events, expertise in this area or a desire to be more involved please do be in touch with me.
Meanwhile the first of these events is to be the White Elephant stall at the Lyttelton Summer Festival.