Recreation Centre Activation Project
Project Lyttelton has partnered with Christchurch City Council to transform the Lyttelton Recreation Centre into an inclusive community space which provides opportunities for all residents of the greater Banks Peninsula community to interact and engage, to learn and teach, to work and relax, to feel inspired and empowered, to maintain their wellness, and, above all, to connect meaningfully with other members of the community.
Thanks to some great feedback in our recent community survey, we are looking at a range of long-term options for how we can best use this space to create future opportunities for you!
In the short-term, we’ve got LOADS on for you to enjoy including:
- Fitness classes on weekday mornings and afternoons (yoga, pilates, zumba)
- Basketball and karate on weekday evenings
- Monthly curry nights on Fridays
- Book club on Wednesday afternoons
- Badminton on SundaysDrop-in table tennis
And MUCH MORE!